Ken Ronan, Esq. – Attorney/Partner
Ken Ronan has been a trial lawyer for 30 years. He has successfully tried hundreds of cases throughout the state of Florida in both State and Federal Courts. He started his litigation career as an Assistant State Attorney in Broward County where he learned the skills necessary to investigate a case and gather evidence, select juries and question witnesses. In 1984, he accepted an Associate’s position with the longtime established Boca Raton law firm, Lavalle, Wochna, Rutherford and Brown, where he soon became an owner and partner.
Ken devotes his area of practice to all types of vehicle collision cases, premises liability, criminal defense, probate and guardian litigation, medical malpractice, commercial litigation, products liability, wrongful death, bad faith insurance and complex civil litigation. Ken Ronan was admitted to practice law in Florida in 1982 and has been a member of the U.S. District Court since 1988.
Ken obtained a degree in business in 1979 from Florida Atlantic University in Boca Raton and a law degree from Nova Southeastern Shepard Broad Law Center in 1982.
Community involvement is very important at Lavalle, Brown & Ronan, P.A. Ken has served as an Adjunct Law professor at Palm Beach State College. The firm devotes a tremendous amount of time and energy supporting the Tri – County Animal Rescue, a 100% no-kill animal rescue shelter. Jeff Brown and Ken Ronan have maintained positions on the Board of Directors since the rescue’s inception in 2001 and Ken, who is currently serving as Vice Chairman, has three dogs and a cat adopted from the shelter.
In 1965, Ken’s family moved to Boca Raton from Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Ken has five young boys that attended the same grade school he attended in Boca Raton. Ken devotes his free time to his wife, Heather and “the boys” Jack, Jesse, Joe, Jett and Josh. The boys are avid baseball and basketball players.
561-395-0000 Extension 120
- Member of the Florida Bar since 1982
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida since 1988
Areas of Practice:
- Vehicle Collision Cases
- Premise Liability
- Criminal Defense
- Medical Malpractice
- Products Liability
- Wrongful Death
- Civil and Bad Faith Litigation
- Law clerk for the 15th Judicial Circuit in 1980
- Law clerk for Florida 4th District Court of Appeals in 1982
- Assistant State Attorney in Broward County Florida from 1982 to 1984
- Lavalle, Brown & Ronan, P.A. and its predecessor firms from 1984 to present
- Past adjunct law professor at Palm Beach Junior College
- Academy of Florida Trial Lawyers
- Palm Beach Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
- Florida Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers
Awards and Recognition
- 2011-2013 Top Verdicts, Florida Verdicts Hall of Fame, 2013