Close Menu

The police want me to talk about a crime they think I committed. Should I comply?

Return to FAQ Videos


You should not, you have a constitutional right against self-incrimination which means you do not have to speak to the police. Instead, you should call and experienced criminal lawyer, seek his advice, and then follow his advice which is usually not to speak to the police and to exercise your constitutional right against self-incrimination. The concern you should have is that the words you say could be used against you later and that is not a good thing.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus