Close Menu

What are my options if I reach an impasse with my insurance adjuster following a Florida car accident?

Return to FAQ Videos


Well that’s not an unusual situation. That typically does happen and an impasse can be reached. The next thing you do is you might need to elevate it beyond that and file a lawsuit. That might get a different set of eyes to look at it to help resolve the matter. You might even have to get into litigation. What happens if you do that, you file a lawsuit, an attorney will get involved on the other side and now you’re talking lawyer to lawyer. That gives a different perspective and that often will help encourage a settlement. You may find yourself in mediation and get a mediator as well who gets involved, who reviews the matter and helps get the case settled. Most cases in the state of Florida are indeed settled. There’s just a process you have to go through.

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn Google Plus